Sunday, March 1, 2009

How can the disease be treated?

There are medications that can work against the emotional and movement problems that come with Huntington's Disease but there is no way to stop or reverse the progression of the disease. Antipsychotic drugs, such as haloperidol or clonazepam, can prevent choreic movements and can also help control hallucinations, delusions, and violent outbursts. These medications may have severe side effects. such as sedation, and should be taken in the lowest dosage possible. Some physicians may prescribe fluoxetine, sertraline, or nortryptiline to fight depression. Most drugs used to treat Huntington's Disease have side effects such as fatigue, restlessness, and hyperexcitability. Some symptoms are hard to distinguish whether they are caused by the disease or if they are a side effect of a medication.

2 comments:

  1. It was not a good experience, seeing your father whose brilliance had no match, totally became a shadow of himself. His doctors said the disease has no cure, just medications for treatment which had a lot of side effects were administered to him. Early 2018, while on the internet, I bumped into a story in HD, and I read about a cure through herbs with interest.. I researched more to be sure it was not a hoax.  In my quest, I contacted multivitamincare org herbs mentioned in the testimony. I got their herbal medicine for my father.. It's been 3 years and he is perfectly okay and back to his laboratory work even at old age. For your loved ones with Huntington’s Disease HD, take them off English medicine and use multivitamincare org herbal treatment,im referring to anybody suffering from this  Huntington’s Disease HD condition and they have assurance about these treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I’ve been a lurker around your blog for a few months. I love this article and your entire site! Looking forward to reading more! international certificate of good health (form 77-043) This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the coolest blogger I ever saw. Thanks for posting this useful information. This was just what I was on looking for. I'll come back to this blog for sure!

    ReplyDelete